Nutella and butter roasted Bananas wrapped in a crepe, now that’s what I call a stunning breakfast or brunch…
I am enjoying the long weekend by doing nothing, I am just relaxing at home and I am loving it. I didn’t cook anything special over the weekend, made the usual easy one pot meals and not complaining about it.
This morning after waking up, I felt like pampering myself and my Man with something different and delicious for brunch. I had Nutella and bananas, they are like best friends forever. I was obsessed with nutella and banana panini for a while and then I went behind something else, I think waffles.
I made crepes, spread the crepes with nutella and topped with butter roasted bananas and wrapped them. The smell of bananas roasting in butter literally woke my Man up and he entered the kitchen with a huge smile on his face as he knew he is going to eat something delicious for brunch. I didn’t disappoint him and I heard him making the Mmmm sound after having each bite of this nutella banana crepes.
For making Nutella Banana Panini, recipe here
Nutella Chocolate Crepes
Crepes spread with nutella and topped with bananas
- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Egg- 1
- Milk- 1 cup (or ½ cup water + ½ cup milk)
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Butter, unsalted- 1 tbsp
- Bananas, cut into rounds- 3 bananas
- Butter- 1 tsp/ crepes
- Nutella or any other chocolate spread
- Powdered sugar- to sprinkle over the crepes (optional)
- In a blender, add the flour, egg, milk and vanilla extract. Blend them into a smooth thin batter.
- Do not make into a thick batter, the batter should have a thin constituency.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat, add 1 tsp butter on the pan and let it melt.
- Pour 1 large spoonful of batter onto the pan and gently swirl the pan so that the batter coats the pan well.
- When the bottom side turns golden in color, flip it over and cook the other side as well.
- Transfer the cooked crepes to a plate.
- Make crepes with the remaining batter.
- Cut the bananas into round slices.
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp butter and place the bananas on the pan.
- Pan fry till the bananas turn golden brown in color. Do not mash them.
- Transfer the roasted bananas into a plate.
- Place one crepe on a plate, spread nutella or any other chocolate spread evenly on it.
- Place 5 to 6 roasted bananas on the center of the crepes.
- Fold the crepes into a semi circle shape.
- if you want you could cut the crepes into 2 halves so that the bananas and nutella will be visible.
- If you prefer, sprinkle powdered sugar over the crepes and enjoy for breakfast or brunch.