Easy to make Brussel Sprouts stir-fried with coconut…
This is a Kerala style dish, any veggies can be used for making this dish. I had leftover Brussel sprouts, hence used that for making this thoran. Turned out pretty delicious. It can be served along with rice, roti, chapati, etc.
Brussel Sprouts Korma or cooked in coconut milk recipe, click here
Easy Brussel Sprouts Thoran- Brussel Sprouts Stir Fried with Coconut
Recipe type: Main
- Coconut Oil- 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Dried whole red chilies- 2
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Shallots, sliced- 3
- Brussel Sprouts, quartered- 25
- Water- 1 cup
- Chili powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Grated coconut- ½ cup
- Salt- 1½ tsp
- Place a sauepan over medium heat.
- Add oil, let turn hot.
- Add mustard seeds, let splutter.
- Add cumin seeds, dried red chilies and curry leaves; saute for a few seconds.
- Add shallots, season with ½ tsp salt. Saute till translucent.
- Add brussel sprouts, and 1 cup water.
- Cook covered for 7 minutes till brussel sprouts turn soft.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder and 1 tsp salt. Combine well.
- Add grated coconut, combine well and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, stir fry for a few minutes till coconut starts to turn light brown. Tastes better.
- Taste and add more salt if required.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Keep covered.
- Serve this along with rice, roti, chapati etc.