Delicious and flavorful Brussels sprouts cooked in coconut milk in the Instant Pot…
My new favorite veggie is now Brussel sprouts and made this way. I’ve had baked and roasted Brussel sprouts, but I really enjoyed this particular dish.
Brussel sprouts are beautiful and resemble small cabbage, it’s a bit hard so I had to steam cook them first in the Instant Pot. After that, made an onion-tomato masala, seasoned with some Indian spices and combined the steamed Brussel sprouts with the masala. Towards the end, added coconut milk. The addition of coconut milk really elevated the taste of this dish greatly.
Do give this recipe a try and I assure you that this will turn int your new favorite dish.
Recipe for making Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Almonds, click here
Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts Korma- Brussel Sprouts in Coconut Milk
Recipe type: Main
- Brussel Sprouts- 30
- Ghee or Oil- 1 tsp
- Dried bay leaves- 2
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Onions, sliced thin- 2 (red or yellow onions)
- Garlic, grated- 1 clove
- Ginger, grated- 1 inch slice
- Tomatoes, chopped- 2
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Fennel powder- ½ tsp
- Garam Masala- ½ tsp
- Salt- 1½ tsp
- Coconut milk- ½ cup
- Water- ½ cup
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Rinse well the Brussel sprouts taken in a strainer under running water.
- Half the brussel sprouts.
- Turn on the Instant Pot.
- Into the stainless steel pot, add ½ cup water.
- Place the steamer basket, add the halved Brussel sprouts into the steamer basket.
- Close with the lid.
- Select Steam Mode. Set TIME to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- After 5 minutes of steam cooking, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, take the steamer basket out of the stainless steel pot. Keep aside.
- Turn on the Saute Mode. Medium Temperature.
- Place the stainless steel pot in the Instant pot.
- Let turn hot.
- Add ghee followed by cumin seeds and dried bay leaves.
- Add onions, season with ½ tsp salt. Saute for a minute.
- Add grated ginger & garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cook till tomatoes are cooked well.
- If the bottom of the stainless steel pot is turning brown, add ¼ cup water and combine well.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, fennel powder, garam masala and 1 tsp salt. Combine well.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add the steam cooked Brussel sprouts, combine well with the onion-tomato masala.
- Add coconut milk and water, combine well. Cook for a minute.
- Add chopped cilantro, combine well.
- Remove the stainless steel pot from the main pot.
- Keep covered for a few minutes.
- Serve along with rice, roti, chapati etc.