In just 30 minutes, scrumptious chicken korma will be ready in the Instant Pot…
This is one of my favourites chicken dishes, the coconut milk added makes this dish rich and creamy. In the Instant Pot, marinated chicken along with the sautéed onions are pressure cooked for 5 minutes. Natural pressure release was done, chicken will be cooked perfectly. In Saute mode, coconut milk is added to the cooked chicken and cooked till the gravy thickened.
It’s flavourful, rich, creamy and absolutely scrumptious. Can be served with Idiyappam, Appam, Puttu, Chapati, Naan, Bamati Rice etc.
- Chicken legs or bone in pieces- 8
- Garlic, grated- 2 cloves
- Ginger, grated- 2 inch slice
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Fennel powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Ground black pepper- ½ tsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Coconut oil- 1 tbsp
- Dried bay leaves- 2
- Onions, sliced- 3
- Green chili, chopped- 1 or 2
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Tomatoes, chopped- 2
- Coconut Milk- ¾ cup
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Salt- ½ to ¾ tsp
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients 'for marinating chicken'. Let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Select SAUTE MODE, NORMAL TEMPERATURE. Let HOT sign display on the screen.
- Add oil, add dried bay leaves. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add sliced onions, season with ¼ tsp salt.
- Add green chili and curry leaves,
- Saute for 5 minutes till onions turn golden in color.
- Add the marinated chicken, combine well.
- Close the Instant Pot with its lid.
- Cancel Saute Mode.
- Select PRESSURE COOK MODE- HIGH PRESSURE. Set TIME TO 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, do a NATURAL PRESSURE RELEASE.
- Open the lid, combine well.
- Select SAUTE MODE- NORMAL TEMPERATURE.
- Add coconut milk, combine well.
- Add ¼ to ½ tsp salt as required.
- Let cook for 5 minutes till the gravy thickens.
- Add chopped cilantro, combine well and cook for a minute.
- Remove the stainless steel pot from the main pot.
- Keep covered for a few minutes.
- Serve this Chicken Korma with Basmati rice, Idiyappam, Appam, Puttu, Chapati, Naan etc.