Here are my top 10 tips to make your Biryani taste better:
- Use fresh ingredients – onions, ginger, garlic, green chilies, cilantro, mint and curry leaves.
- Allow the meat to marinate overnight in the refrigerator so that all the flavors and spices will get into the meat.
- Shallow fry the marinated chicken/meat before combining with the onion masala.
- When you cook the rice: add whole cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves, cumin seeds, ghee along with the rice and water.
- If you’re not frying the chicken or meat: cook the meat along with water, drain the stock from the cooked meat and cook the rice in the meat stock. This way, the rice will taste absolutely delicious. Recipe
- Don’t forget to Dum the biryani (final slow cooking after layering the rice and meat masala). Cover the biryani pot with aluminum foil and close with a lid, place over low heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Use homemade fresh fried onions (fry the onions in oil till golden brown). Store-bought fried onions lack flavour, aroma and taste.
- Sprinkle fresh mint leaves over the rice layers, the aroma of mint leaves makes the biryani taste a whole lot better (my favorite step).
- To enhance the taste further, sprinkle saffron (2 pinches) soaked in 3 tbsp milk or water over the rice while layering.
- Use good quality Basmati rice, pure Coconut oil while shallow frying the chicken and pure ghee while cooking the meat masala- these will make biryani taste delish.
Try these easy tips and make your biryani taste better. Everyone will rave about your biryani!!!