Decadent cake with the fresh & fruity goodness of strawberries…
An absolutely delicious & easy to whip up cake. I made a sponge cake with very basic ingredients. The main ingredient is egg, beaten till fluffy along with the sugar, flour is added and folded until well incorporated. Fluffy and soft sponge cake will be baked to perfection.
The sponge cake was topped with strawberry sauce & strawberry whipped cream frosting.
Strawberry cake is a delicious and versatile dessert that appeals to people of all ages. If you’re looking for a fresh and fruity treat, this strawberry cake is a perfect choice.
Strawberry Cake With Sponge Cake & Strawberry Whipped Cream
Recipe type: Cake
Serves: 8 Wedges
- Large Eggs- 6, at room temperature
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Vanilla Extract- 2 tsp
- Cake flour or All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Melted Butter- 4 tbsp
For making strawberry sauce
- Ripe strawberries- 15
- Sugar- ⅔ cup
For making strawberry whipped cream frosting
- Heavy whipping cream- 1 cup
- Sugar- 3 tbsp
- Strawberry sauce- ¾ cup
- Strawberries halved- 8
- Pistachios or pecans- ¼ cup
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Grease a springform pan with butter, line the bottom with parchment paper. Keep aside.
- Into a stand mixer bowl, add the eggs along with sugar. Using the paddle attachment, beat the eggs at high speed for 8 to 10 minutes till fluffy and the mixture falls like a ribbon.
- You could beat the eggs using an electric hand mixer as well.
- Add vanilla extract and combine well.
- In a bowl, combine the flour with salt.
- Add the flour mix to the beaten eggs in 3 additions and fold well using a spatula until well incorporated.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter taken in a bowl in the microwave.
- To the melted butter, add ¼ cup of prepared cake batter and combine well without any lumps.
- Pour the butter/batter mix into the remaining cake batter and combine well.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased pan.
- Place on the middle rack in the preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or till a fork inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool down in the pan for 5 minutes, run a knife around the inside of the pan and open the springform pan.
- Let the cake cool down completely on a wire rack.
- Making the strawberry sauce: half the ripe strawberries & add to a blender jar or food processor.
- Add ⅔ cup sugar & puree till smooth. There will be around 1 cup of puree. Keep it aside.
- Making the strawberry whipped cream frosting: For making the perfect whipped cream, chill the mixing bowl & whisk attachment in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Use very cold heavy whipping cream.
- To the stand mixer bowl add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Add 3 tbsp sugar & using the whisk attachment whisk at high speed till the cream has whipped to 80%.
- After that, add ¾ cup of the prepared strawberry sauce & whip till firm peaks have formed.
- Over the cool-down cake, spread ¼ cup of the strawberry sauce.
- Spread the strawberry whipped cream frosting over the cake.
- You could either frost the top part of the cake or frost the entire cake.
- Place the halved strawberries on the edges of the frosted cake.
- Place a whole strawberry on the center of the cake.
- Sprinkle with pistachios or pecans. I also added sugar sprinkles, that's optional.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator & let chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- While serving, cut into wedges & enjoy.
For making a small cake, you can half the recipe & bake the cake for 20 minutes.