My husband loves ground beef and every time I make anything with ground beef I try adding different ingredients. Ground beef recipes are so forgiving, and therefore you can find so many variations of recipes, cooked in different ways and in many forms. It is simply a matter of personal preference as to what ingredients you want to use. The below recipe is the one made by my husband. If you want to make meatloaf, you can use the same recipe and make a loaf shape before baking.
PS: This recipe was made by my husband and he didn’t take the pictures for the step by step preparation as he’s a lazy bone. Since I loved this recipe so much I couldn’t resist sharing it here.
- Ground beef - 1.5 lbs
- Onions, diced - 1 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Cilantro, chopped - ½ cup
- Chili paste - 1 tsp
- Worcestershire Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Bread crumbs - 1 cup
- Ground pepper- 1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (176 C).
- Mix all ingredients well except bread crumbs.
- To the mixture, gradually add bread crumbs and knead mixture after each addition.
- Transfer the ground beef mixture into a baking pan ( Form a loaf or use a loaf pan to make meatloaf).
- Bake for 1 hour 45 mins until done.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or steamed veggies or your choice of sides.