Delicious potato spinach curry cooked in the Instant Pot…
Aloo palak is a popular Indian dish made with spinach and potatoes. “Aloo” means potato in Hindi, and “palak” means spinach. The dish is usually prepared by cooking potatoes and spinach together with a blend of spices and seasonings.
I’m sharing the Instant Pot version, this curry can be enjoyed with rice or chapati.
Potato Spinach Curry Vegetarian Dish | Aloo Palak Indian Recipe - Instant Pot
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 People
- Potatoes- 3, diced into large chunks
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Garlic, chopped- 2 cloves
- Dried red chili flakes- 1 tsp
- Onion, chopped- 1
- Tomatoes, chopped- 2
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Salt- 1½ tsp
- Tomato paste- 2 tbsp
- Spinach leaves- 2 cups
- Water- ¼ cup
- Lemon juice- ½ tbsp
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Dice the potatoes into large chunks.
- Add the potatoes to the stainless steel pot along with ½ tsp salt & 1½ cups water.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Select pressure cook setting, set the time to 2 minutes at high pressure.
- After 2 minutes of pressure cooking, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid & drain the water.
- Transfer the potato to a bowl & keep it aside.
- Turn on saute setting at medium or normal temperature.
- Let the pot turn hot.
- Add oil, cumin seeds & garlic, saute till garlic turns golden in color.
- Add chili flakes, saute for a few seconds.
- Add onions, season with 1 tsp salt.
- Cook till onions turn golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, cook for a minute.
- Add all the spices, combine well.
- Add ¼ cup water & combine well.
- Add tomato paste, combine well.
- Add spinach & cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked potatoes, cook for a few minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, combine well.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Enjoy with rice, roti or chapati.