Ghee roasted plantain, vermicelli, coconut, egg and cashew nuts, combined together to make this incredibly delicious cutlets…
I’ve posted many recipes using plantain as I’m a die hard fan of plantain. So glad that plantains are always available at the Canadian grocery store that I shop every week. I try to make something different out of plantains each time, though my most favorite still is ghee roasted plantains.
This time, I combined vermicelli, ghee roasted plantains, roasted coconut, egg and cashew nuts together and made into cutlets. Tasted delish!
Plantain Vermicelli Cutlets
Recipe type: Appetiser
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Ripe Plantain, cubed- 1
- Thin Vermicelli, cut 3 inches- 2 cups
- Condensed Milk- 4 to 5 tbsp
- Water or Milk- ¼ to ½ cup
- Saffron- 2 pinches, soaked in ½ tbsp water for 5 minutes (optional)
- Grated Coconut- ¼ cup
- Egg- 1
- Sugar- 1 tsp
- Cashew Nuts- ¼ cup
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat, add ½ tbsp ghee.
- Add grated coconut, roast till light golden in color.
- Keep aside on one side of the pan.
- Break the egg onto the pan and scramble the eggs. Add sugar, combine well.
- Combine with the roasted coconut. Keep aside the roasted coconut and egg on a plate.
- Cut the ripe plantain into small cubes
- Add 1½ tbsp ghee to the pan, add the cubed plantain and roast till golden brown. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add vermicelli, saute for a minute.
- Add condensed milk, water or milk and soaked saffron. Combine well and cook till vermicelli turns soft. Do not over cook and make it mushy.
- Add the roasted plantain, coconut and egg to the cooked vermicelli and combine everything well.
- Add cashew nuts, combine well.
- Remove the pan from the heat, let cool down a bit.
- Make medium sized round patties.
- Enjoy as an evening snack or for breakfast.