When pancake gets a muffin makeover. You get to enjoy pancakes without spending much time cooking it, just make the batter and bake them in a muffin pan. It takes less than 10 minutes to bake the perfect pancake muffins…
I make breakfast from scratch only on weekends, and I love to make pancakes, waffles, potato stuffed omelete, crepes etc. Each time I make pancakes, I try to add different ingredients to the batter: oats, apples, pumpkin puree, dates etc. Making the pancake batter is a breeze, however cooking the pancakes does involve some work. That’s one of the reasons why I shy away from making pancakes on week days.
Now, that I have found a way to transform pancakes into muffins I’ve started enjoying pancakes for breakfast on week days as well. This is an awesome idea as we only have to spend 5 minutes making the batter and then let it bake in the oven for less than 10 minutes. You could even make the pancake muffins the previous day and refrigerate them, in the morning you just need to microwave the muffins and enjoy with maple syrup.
Recipe Courtesy, Pioneer Women.
Batter poured into muffin pan
- All purpose flour- 1½ cups
- Baking powder- ½ tbsp
- Sugar- 1½ tbsp
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Milk- 1¼ cups
- White vinegar- ½ tbsp
- Egg- 1
- Vanilla extract- ½ tbsp
- Butter, melted- 2 tbsp
- Blueberries- 3 to 4 per muffins
- Maple syrup- to dip the pancake muffins
- Preheat oven to 425 F or 218 C.
- In a large bowl: combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In an another bowl, whisk the milk and white vinegar, keep aside for a minute.
- To that add egg and whisk the mixture, add vanilla extract whisk well.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, and add the melted butter to it combine well till a smooth batter is formed without any lumps.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter ⅔ full to each cups.
- Drop 3 to 4 blueberries on top of the batter.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or till a fork inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let sit in the pan for a couple of minutes.
- Slide the muffins out of the pan.
- Serve warm with maple syrup or any other syrup.
You could make the pancake muffins the previous day and refrigerate it, next day morning just microwave it till it is warm.