Pan fried tuna coated with an aromatic Asian glaze…
My plan was to make seared tuna, last minute plan changes and I went ahead and pan fried it. I would order seared tuna in a good restaurant, however I seem to have trouble making seared tuna in my kitchen. The thought that it’s not well cooked kind of bothers me when I cook it by myself. So, I went ahead and cooked longer and made this delicious pan fried tuna with an aromatic Asian glaze.
- Tuna steak- 1 or 2
- Freshly ground pepper
- Salt- a few pinches
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 handfuls
- Ginger, grated- 1 tbsp
- Garlic, grated- 1 clove
- Green chilies, chopped- 2
- Soy sauce- 2 tbsp
- Honey- 1 tsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Olive oil- 1½ tbsp
- Sesame seeds- 1 tbsp
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients mentioned for making the Asian glaze. Keep aside.
- Season Tuna with freshly ground pepper & Salt on both sides.
- Place a pan over high heat, add 2 tbsp oil.
- Place the seasoned tuna over the oil and let the bottom side cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip it over and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- At this point, the center of the tuna will be slightly pink.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the tuna, using a spoon keep adding the sauce from the pan over the tuna, cook for a minute.
- Flip it over and cook for another minute.
- Transfer the cooked tuna to a plate, pour the sauce over it.
- Serve warm along with salad, roasted veggies, mashed potatoes etc.