Graham cracker crust filled with cream cheese filling and topped with sweet and tangy cranberry sauce…
This is absolutely my kind of dessert, not too sweet yet creamy and delicious. This no bake tart can be made in just a matter of minutes. I used the store bought crust hence making the filling and the sauce was pretty easy. For making the filling you just have to mix the beaten cream cheese and whipped cream. I have to tell you guys, the cranberry sauce complemented the creamy filling so well. The sweet and tangy cranberry sauce along with creamy cream cheese and crispy crust, this tart tasted delish and has become one of my favorite desserts.
Graham cracker crust
Beaten Cream cheese
Crust topped with cream cheese and whipped cream filling
- Graham Cracker Crust, store bought- 1
- Ground graham cracker crumbs or use digestive biscuits crushed finely- 1 1/ 2 cups
- Granulated white sugar- 1/ 3 cup
- Ground cinnamon- 1/ 2 teaspoon
- Melted butter- 7 tablespoons
- Cream cheese- 8 ounce or 226 grams
- Heavy whipping cream, cold- 1 cup or 240 ml
- Granulated White sugar- 1/ 4 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 teaspoon
- Cranberries, frozen- 2 cups
- Granulated white sugar- 1/ 2 cup
- Water- 3/ 4 cup
- Lemon zest- 1 tsp
- You could either use store bought Graham cracker crust or make it from scratch.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Graham cracker crumbs (or ground digestive biscuits) and sugar.
- Add the melted butter and combine until blended well.
- Grease a 9 inch tart pan or pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread the prepared mixture onto the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Into a saucepan, add cranberries, sugar, water and lemon zest.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat, cover with its lid and cook for 15 minutes till the cranberries have cooked well.
- Open the lid and cook for 2 to 3 minutes till the sauce has thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let cool down completely.
- Chill the cranberry sauce in the refrigerator.
- Use a stand mixer or an electric hand mixer.
- First, beat the cold whipping cream taken in a bowl at high speed until stiff peaks are formed. Or use store bought whipped cream.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat till fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add vanilla extract and beat for a few seconds.
- Fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese and slowly combine them together. Do not over mix them.
- Take the graham cracker crust out of the refrigerator.
- Pour the cream cheese/whipped cream filling onto the crust, smooth the top using a flat spatula.
- Cover the pan with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 5 to 6 hours or overnight the better.
- Cut the tart into wedges, using a wide spatula gently place the cut tart onto a plate.
- Top with 2 to 3 tablespoons of cranberry sauce.
- Enjoy the crust, creamy filling and the tangy cranberry sauce, tastes incredible.