Soft, Fluffy and Refreshing pancakes…
Most weekends, I end up making pancakes for my Man. Last weekend on Sunday, he made the pancake batter and I cooked the pancakes: team work it is.
This recipe can also be used for making waffles. Either pancakes or waffles, based on your preference make it and enjoy for breakfast or brunch.
- All purpose flour- 2 cups
- Baking powder- 2 tsp
- White Sugar- 2 tbsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Eggs- 2
- Lemon zest- 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Milk- 2 cups
- Butter, melted- 6 tbsp
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In an another bowl, whisk the eggs well.
- Add lemon zest, vanilla extract and milk, combine well.
- Add the flour mixture, combine well.
- Add melted butter and combine well till smooth constituency.
- Place a pan over medium heat.
- Grease the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour a large spoonful of batter onto the pan.
- Let holes form on the batter, and bottom side turn golden brown, flip it over.
- Let the other side cook well and turn golden brown.
- Repeat till you make all the pancakes.
- While serving, drizzle maple syrup or honey and enjoy while the pancakes are warm.