Aromatic and best-tasting shrimp pulao cooked in the Instant Pot…
This is a perfect one-pot meal for lunch or dinner, cooked effortlessly in the Instant Pot.
Easy to whip up & delicious pulao with shrimp; ready in less than 15 minutes.
Instant Pot Shrimp Pulao- Easy & Delicious One-Pot Meal
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 5 People
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Dried bay leaves- 2
- Onion, sliced- 1, large
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Tomatoes, chopped- 2
- Curry leaves- 10 leaves
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ⅛ tsp
- Coriander powder- ½ tbsp
- Fennel powder- 1 tsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Salt- 1½ tsp
- Shrimp- 25 to 30, deveined & shelled
- Water- 2¼ cups
- White basmati rice, rinsed- 2 cups
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped- 10 leaves
- Take the basmati rice in a strainer & rinse in water, keep it aside.
- Turn on saute setting in the Instant Pot, medium temperature.
- Let the stainless steel pot turn hot.
- Add ghee, and dried bay leaves.
- Add onion & ginger garlic paste, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, saute for a minute.
- Add curry leaves, this is optional.
- Add all the spices- chili, turmeric, coriander, fennel, garam masala & salt; combine well.
- Add the shrimp, combine well.
- Add water & rinsed basmati rice.
- Immerse the rice completely in the water.
- Add chopped cilantro & mint leaves.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Cancel saute setting.
- Select pressure cook setting, time 6 minutes at high pressure.
- After 6 minutes of pressure cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes & then do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid.
- Aromatic & perfectly cooked shrimp pulao, basmati rice will be soft & fluffy.
- Enjoy with raita, pickle & pappad.