Healthy, delicious oats chicken soup…
Rich in protein & fiber, this soup is highly satisfying & comforting made with oats & chicken, cooked effortlessly in the Instant Pot.
This tastes like haleem, I would say this is quick fix oats haleem, a perfect one-pot meal.
Instant Pot Oats Chicken Soup- Easy 15 Minute Recipe
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 5 people
For making chicken gravy
- Onion, chopped- 1
- Ginger- garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Tomato, chopped- 1
- Boneless chicken breast- 1 breast or thighs
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder- ½ tbsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Salt- ¾ tsp
- Water- 1 cup
For making soup
- Instant Oats- 1 cup
- Water or Chicken stock- 1½ cups
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 tbsp
- Lime or lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- I've cooked this soup in the Instant Pot.
- To the stainless steel pot, dump all the ingredients for making chicken curry.
- Combine well.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Select Pessure cook setting, set the time to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- After 5 minutes of pressure cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes & then do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid.
- Flavorful & aromatic chicken & gravy.
- Using an immersion blender, let's coarsely puree the chicken & gravy. Don't make into a paste.
- If you don't have an immersion blender, transfer to a blender jar & puree.
- Add instant oats to the pureed chicken & gravy. Combine well
- Select Saute setting, temperature should be normal or medium.
- Cook the oats for a couple of minutes. The soup will thicken.
- Add 1½ cups water to thin down the gravy. Or add chicken stock.
- Taste & add salt according to your needs.
- Add chopped cilantro.
- Finish it off with freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice.
- Combine well.
- Take the stainless steel pot out of the main pot.
- Serve into soup bowls & enjoy right away.