Vendakka or lady’s finger kichadi made in the Instant Pot…
This is the easiest dish that can be made with fried okra and yogurt, served as a side dish in Sadya.
Instant pot Lady's Finger-Okra Kichadi- Fried Okra in Yogurt- Instant Pot Kerala Sadya Recipes
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 People
- Lady’s finger or Okra, cut into thin rounds- 10 okra
- Green chilies, chopped – 2
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Beaten Yogurt or Curd- 1 cup
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Oil- ½ cup for frying Okra
- Turn on the Instant Pot.
- Select saute setting, at normal temperature.
- Let hot sign display.
- Add oil for frying okra, let oil turn hot.
- Add the okra, curry leaves and chopped chilies.
- Fry till okra turns golden brown & crispy.
- Keep stirring while frying.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Whisk the yogurt well with a spoon.
- Into a bowl, add the yogurt, salt and fried okra.
- Combine well.
- This is served with rice, one of the side dishes in Sadya.