Super crispy, healthy & flavourful buffalo cauliflower, air fried in the Instant Pot…
This is my new favorite appetizer; it’s air fried, it’s delicious, it’s vegetarian & is healthy. Cauliflower turned into a crispy appetizer. So easy to make with minimal ingredients & tastes like restaurant-style.
Instant Pot Air fried Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower | Easy Recipe | Vegetarian Appetizer
Recipe type: Appetiser
Serves: 5 people
- Cauliflower- 1 medium sized, separated into florets
For making the batter
- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Garlic powder- 1 tsp
- Paprika- 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper- ¼ to ½ tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Water- 1 cup
For making the sauce
- Hot sauce- ½ cup
- Butter, unsalted- 2 tbsp
- I've taken medium-sized cauliflower.
- Dip the whole cauliflower in warm water for 10 minutes, this way any tiny bugs will be released into the water.
- Drain the water, rinse the cauliflower well.
- Separate the florets. Pat dry them.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for making the batter.
- Using a fork, combine well. Make into a slightly thick batter.
- I've used Instant Pot duo crisp + air fryer. Any kind of air fryer can be used.
- Place the stainless steel pot in the main pot, keep the air fryer basket into the stainless steel pot. Place the broil tray in the air fryer basket.
- Line the broil tray with parchment paper, don't skip this step.
- Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter, shake off any excess batter & place it on the parchment paper.
- Don't crowd the florets, leave some space between the florets.
- Close the Instant Pot with the air fryer lid.
- Select Air fry, temperature 400 F, time 20 minutes. Click Start.
- After 20 minutes of air frying, open the lid.
- Wear a mitten, gently take the parchment paper out of the tray.
- Let cool down for 5 minutes.
- The fritters will be stuck to each other, gently separate the cauliflower fritters.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat, add hot sauce & butter.
- Let the butter melt, cook for 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Line the broil tray with parchment paper.
- Place the cauliflower fritters, brush with the sauce.
- Close the pot with the air fryer lid.
- Select Air fry, temperature 400 F, time 10 minutes. Click Start.
- After 10 minutes of air frying, open the lid.
- Transfer the cauliflowers to a plate.
- Super crispy & delicious buffalo cauliflowers are ready.
- Enjoy while it's hot.
- There will be some leftover sauce, if you prefer super hot buffalo cauliflower, serve along with the sauce. Enjoy the crispiness & the heat.