Healthy & Hearty Apple Banana Pancake…
Banana Apple Pancake
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: Makes 5
- All-purpose flour- 1½ cups
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Apple, pureed- 1 apple purred with ½ cup water
- Ripe Banana, mashed- 1
- Egg- 1
- Almond butter- 1 tbsp (optional)
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Ground cinnamon- ¼ tsp
- Water- ¾ cup or enough to make batter
- In a bowl, combine flour & baking powder.
- Puree 1 apple along with ½ cup water.
- In another bowl, mash the ripe banana with a fork.
- To the mashed banana- add the pureed apple, almond butter & egg; combine well without any large lumps.
- Add vanilla extract and ground cinnamon; combine well.
- Add the mixture to the flour mix, combine well using a fork.
- Add ¾ cup water, or enough to make a smooth batter.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp butter, let it melt.
- Pour 1 large spoonful of batter on butter.
- Let the bottom side turn golden brown, flip it over & let the other side cook.
- Cook over medium heat so the inside of the pancake will cook well.
- Transfer to a plate, drizzle maple syrup & enjoy.