Carrots glazed with brown sugar, butter and honey. Fresh Rosemary leaves impart nice aroma and flavor. This makes a perfect side dish for Thanksgiving dinner or any kinds of dinner.
Recipe type: side
- Carrots- 15 mini whole carrots or 4 carrots cut into long wedges
- Butter- 3 tbsp
- Honey- 3 tbsp
- Brown sugar- 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice- juice of ½ lemon
- Ground pepper- ¼ tsp
- Fresh Rosemary leaves- 2 sprigs
- Salt- a few pinches
- Pecans or Walnuts or Almonds, roughly crushed- ¼ cup
- You could use whole mini carrots like the ones I've used or regular carrots cut into long thick wedges.
- Firstly, cook the carrots in boiling water seasoned with salt till they have turned slightly tender- do not over cook.
- Remove the carrots from the boiling water.
- Place a large non-stick pan over medium heat, melt butter and add honey, brown sugar. Keep stirring till sugar has dissolved.
- Add rosemary leaves, combine well.
- Add the lemon juice, combine well.
- Add the carrots and keep stirring, let the sauce coat the carrots well.
- Cook stirring frequently till the sauce has thickened and the carrots turn glazed.
- Add the nuts, combine well and cook for a minute.
- Sprinkle ground pepper over the carrots, combine well.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve as a side dish, sweet and flavorful carrots.