Refreshing Summer drink- Ginger lemon Strawberry soda…
It was one sizzling hot day today, all I wanted was a drink to cool off. I ended up making this incredible ginger lemon soda with strawberries in it.
As soon as I sipped this, it started to rain…what more do I need??? Enjoyed the rain, the drink and I’m all ready to kick off a great week…
Refreshing Ginger Lemon Strawberry Soda- Summer Drink
- Sugar- ½ cup
- Ginger, grated- 2 inch slice
- Water- ¾ cup
- Lemon juice, freshly squeezed - ½ to 1 tbsp/tall glass
- Ripe Strawberries, halved- 2/tall glass
- Mint leaves- 4 leaves/tall glass
- Soda, chilled- as needed
- Place a saucepan over medium heat, add sugar, grated ginger and water, heat the water and let the sugar dissolve completely.
- Remove the pan from the heat and keep covered for 15 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into a bowl through a sieve, press the ginger using the back of a spoon to release all the juice in it.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator, let chill well for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Half the strawberries, make sure to use ripe strawberries.
- Into a tall glass, add 2 halved strawberries.
- Mash the strawberries slightly using a spoon to release the juice.
- Pour 3 tbsp of chilled ginger syrup.
- Add ½ to 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Add fresh mint leaves.
- Add chilled soda and stir well.
- Serve immediately. You could even add some ice cubes.