Homemade and healthy Energy bars or bites made with mixed nuts, dates and flax seeds…
Making homemade healthy energy bars or bites couldn’t get any easier. These are super healthy and super nutritious energy bars that can be enjoyed for breakfast and will help you to kick start your day in a healthy and energetic way.
I have literally stopped buying store brought energy bars, I make these quite often over the weekend, store them in an airtight container and enjoy during the week for breakfast or as a snack in the late afternoon.
Any kinds of mixed nuts can be added, I’ve added cashew nuts & almonds. Crushed pecans and walnuts can also be added. Adding dates is a must as it will help to bind everything together and to be rolled into round or any other shapes.
- Ghee- 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds- 2 tbsp
- Flaxseeds- 2 tbsp
- Instant Oats- ¼ cup
- Whole almonds- ¼ cup (crushed)
- Whole cashews- ½ cup (crushed)
- Raisins- 1 tbsp
- Dates, chopped- 1 cup (must add)
- Agave syrup or Maple syrup- 1 tbsp
- Add the whole almonds & whole cashew nuts into a ziplock bag. Using a rolling pin, crush them.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add ghee.
- Add sesame seeds and flaxseeds, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add instand oats, raisins and crushed almonds & cashew nuts.
- Saute till oats turn light golden and aromatic.
- Add chopped dates.
- Saute for 3 minutes till dates turn mushy.
- Add agave syrup or maple syrup. Combine well.
- Remove the pan from the heat, let cool down.
- Spread the cooled down mixture to a parchment paper.
- Using your hand, mix everything well, mushy dates will help to bind everything well.
- Using the parchment paper, roll the mixture to a log.
- Cut into round slices.
- Enjoy for breakfast or as a late afternoon snack.
- Leftovers can be stored in an air tight container.