Crispy breaded shrimp drizzled with a creamy, sweet & spicy sauce…
This is a perfect appetizer made with shrimp & super easy to whip up. The sauce is the main highlight of this dish- mayo, sweet chili sauce & sriracha mixed together. It’s a creamy, sweet & spicy sauce along with crispy shrimp our tastebuds will be in delight while enjoying this.
I made the healthy version by air frying the breaded shrimp, the shrimp turned out super crispy. This can be also deep-fried or baked in the oven.
Creamy, sweet & spicy sauce
- Shrimp, deveined & shelled- 20
- Egg- 1
- All-purpose flour- ¼ cup
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Panko breadcrumbs- 1½ cups
- Green onions, chopped- 1 stalk
- Oil or non-stick cooking spray
- Mayonnaise- 1 cup
- Sweet chili sauce- ¼ cup
- Sriracha sauce- 1 tsp
- Use deveined & shelled shrimp.
- To a bowl, crack an egg & beat well using a whisk.
- Combine all-purpose flour & salt & spread on a plate.
- If you prefer you can combine flour with other seasonings like garlic powder, paprika, etc.
- Spread breadcrumbs on a plate, regular breadcrumbs can also be used. Panko will be the ideal breadcrumb.
- First, coat the shrimp with the flour, then dip in the egg & then coat with the breadcrumbs.
- Place the breaded shrimp in the air fryer basket without crowding.
- Drizzle 1 tsp of oil over the shrimp or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Close the air fryer.
- I've set the temperature to 400 F or 200 C, time 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of air frying, flip the shrimp over & air fry for another 5 minutes.
- The shrimp will turn super crispy.
- Transfer to a plate.
- In a bowl combine the ingredients for making the sauce.
- Drizzle over the crispy shrimp.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Bang bang shrimp has to be enjoyed right away while it's warm & crispy, dip in the sauce & enjoy the crispy goodness.
- Double or triple the ingredients for making a large batch. This is a perfect appetizer for parties & get-togethers.