Turn the apples into a delicious pudding…
A for Apple and P for Pudding!
When you crave for pudding and you find apples in the refrigerator, you make apple pudding as simple as that. Turned out delicious.
I can literally make anything into a pudding and for that reason, I’ve many pudding recipes on my blog. The base for most of my pudding is milk and condensed milk, and I add the pureed fruit to that. The thickening agent I always use is agar-agar strands or china grass, it’s vegetarian and is a perfect thickening agent.
This a very light melt into your mouth dessert, the addition of saffron and almonds elevated the taste of this pudding greatly.
My most fav pudding
- Apples, diced- 3 ( I used Ambrosia apples)
- Water- ½ cup
- Milk- 1½ cups
- Condensed milk- ¾ cup
- Agar-agar strands- ½ cup, 2 inches cut strands
- Water- ½ cup
- Saffron- 2 pinches soaked in 1 tbsp water
- Almonds, chopped- ¼ cup
- The apples that I've used is Ambrosia variety. You can also use red delicious or gala. Do not use green apples.
- In a small bowl, add 2 pinches saffron and 1 tbsp water, let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan placed over medium heat, combine milk and condensed milk. Cook and let milk come to a slight boil.
- I used agar-agar strands, if long strands- cut into 2 inches long and add ½ cup.
- In another saucepan placed over medium heat, add ½ cup agar-agar strands and ½ cup water. Let agar agar strands dissolve in water, will take 5 minutes.
- While the milk comes to a slight boil- In a blender puree 3 apples diced with ½ cup water till smooth.
- Add the dissolved agar-agar strands to milk/condesned milk. Combine well.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Only after the saucepan is taken out of the heat, add the pureed apples. Combine well.
- If pureed apples are added to hot milk, it could curdle.
- Give a taste and add more condensed milk if you prefer more sweet.
- If adding red delicious apples, the pureed apples will be very sweet so adjust the amount of condensed milk accordingly.
- Add saffron water to the pudding mixture, combine well.
- Add chopped almonds, combine well.
- Let the pudding mixture cool down for 5 minutes.
- Pour into individual ramekins and place in the refrigerator to set for an hour to 2 hours.
- The pudding will set quickly.
- Enjoy the delicious apple pudding, it's super Yum!