Chicken marinated in an aromatic green herb marinade, stir fried, combined with veggies and drizzled with an Asian dressing; flavorful Asian chicken salad that tastes delicious…
A warm welcome to 2015! Let this year bring peace, prosperity, happiness and good health to everyone. My motto is to live the moment, not to hurt anyone and to appreciate all the goodness and blessings. It’s all going to be good.
My man and I had a very quiet New year’s eve celebration in our home, we watched some movies and had some quality time together. Any day, I would prefer spending time with my Man than partying hard with friends. Usually, we would go out for a date night at a fine dining restaurant. This time, we totally forgot to make the restaurant reservation ahead of time. I tried to get the reservation at the eleventh hour, most of the restaurants were booked up. I wasn’t disappointed, I felt good that I can whip up something real quick and just laze around in my pyjamas.
I felt like having a delicious Asian chicken salad as I love the Asian marinades and dressings. It didn’t take me long, I made this chicken salad pretty quickly. My man loved this salad and we cleaned up our plates. Now, that was one healthy dinner we had for New year’s eve.
- Chicken breasts or thighs, cut into thin wedges or strips- 3 breasts or thighs
- Fresh Basil leaves- 3
- Fresh Mint leaves- 5
- Cilantro, coarsely chopped- 2 handful
- Ginger, chopped- 1 inch slice
- Garlic, chopped- 2 cloves
- Soy sauce- 1½ tbsp
- Fish sauce- 1½ tbsp
- Vegetable oil- 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar- 1 tbsp
- Thai red chili or bird's eye chili- 1 (or use jalapeno or green chili)
- Water- 2 tbsp (to make a thick paste)
- Fresh Lemon juice- ¼ cup
- Soy sauce- 3 tbsp
- Brown sugar- 1½ tbsp
- Vegetable oil- 1½ tbsp
- Sesame oil- ½ tbsp
- Garlic, grated- 1 clove
- Grated lemon zest- ½ tbsp
- Ground pepper- ½ tsp
- Lettuce, chopped- 1 head
- Carrots, shredded- 2 medium sized
- Red pepper, cut into thin wedges- 1
- Chow mein crispy noodles- 1½ cups
- Green onions, chopped- 1 stalk
- In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients for making the dressing, keep aside.
- Cut the chicken into wedges or strips.
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients mentioned for making the marinade to a smooth paste. Use fresh herbs for better taste.
- Add the marinade to the chicken, combine well and marinate in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight for better taste.
- Pan fry or grill the chicken till they turn golden brown in color. Do not make them too hard and crispy. Keep aside the stir fried chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine all the veggies, top with chow mein crispy noodles. You could use any kind of greens and veggies.
- Top the veggies with stir fried chicken, drizzle the dressing over them and mix everything well.
- Keep aside to set for 30 minutes or an hour.
- Add more dressing if you want while serving and enjoy the aromatic and falvorful Asian chicken salad.
- This can be made ahead of time and makes a great salad for parties and get togethers.
- Keep the dressing in the refrigerator for a couple of days.