Crispiest, healthiest & delicious homemade French fries…
Honestly, I love these homemade fries better than the fries from any fast food place. Hence now I shy away from getting fries from restaurants, I can make the best fries in my T-fal air fryer.
When I make fries, I use my T-fal ActiFry air fryer, the fries turn out crispy & perfect every single time.
Here are a few things we need to do to make the best fries:
- Use fresh potatoes, I find fresh potatoes turn really crispy & I like russet potatoes.
- Potato wedges should be cut evenly- it’s good to use a potato wedge cutter.
- Pat dry the cut potatoes, moisture will make the fries soggy.
- Don’t overcrowd the wedges in the air fryer basket- I used 2 large potatoes cut into wedges.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil over the wedges. Don’t skip adding oil.
Air Fried Super Crispy Fries In T-fal ActiFry Air Fryer | The Best Homemade Healthy French Fries
Recipe type: Main
- Russet Potatoes, large-sized- 2
- Oil- 1 tbsp (I used light olive oil)
- Ground black pepper- a few pinches
- Salt- 1 few pinches
- I've taken 2 large russet potatoes. Russet potatoes are great for making fries.
- Peel off the skin.
- Pat dry the potatoes with a kitchen paper towel.
- If you have a french fry cutter use that for cutting into wedges, wedges have to be even.
- If not use a knife- half the potatoes vertically, again cut each half vertically into equal halves.
- Cut into thin wedges.
- Pat dry the wedges with a kitchen paper towel, don't skip this step.
- If there is moisture in the potato wedges, they won't turn crispy.
- I have air-fried the fries in my T-fal Actifry air fryer.
- Keep the rotating paddle in the air fryer basket, this will help in even mixing.
- Spread the potato wedges into the basket & make them into a bed, don't crowd them.
- Don't stack up the wedges.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp light olive oil or vegetable oil over the wedges.
- Close the air fryer.
- I've selected the temperature & time manually, I didn't select the fries setting.
- Set the temperature to 400 F or 200 C, time 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes of air frying, open the lid.
- If the fries have turned crispy & golden brown you can take the basket out of the air fryer.
- If not, air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Usually, fries will turn super crispy in 35 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Season with ground black pepper & salt.
- Enjoy right away while it's hot with tomato ketchup.
- Here is my favorite dipping sauce: I combine tomato ketchup & chipotle mayo. This sauce tastes delish.
- Canadians enjoy fries with white vinegar, drizzle a teaspoon of white vinegar over the fries and enjoy with ketchup 🙂