Healthy, delicious & crispy chicken pakoras or fritters that are air-fried…
Crispy chicken fritters or pakoras cooked to perfection in the air fryer. I’m quite impressed with how crispy these fritters turned out when air-fried. It’s perfectly healthy and guilt-free snack, enjoy with a cup of cardamom tea.
Air Fried Crispy Chicken Pakoras- Guilt Free Snack
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: Makes 7
- Chicken breasts boneless, diced very small- 1 chicken breast (or use thighs)
- Onion, chopped small- ¼ cup
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Green chilies, chopped- 2
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 tbsp
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ⅛ tsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- ¾ tsp
- Gram flour or besan or chickpea flour- ¼ cup
- Rice flour- 2 tbsp
- Water- 2 tbsp
- Dice the chicken breasts very small or pulse the chicken in a food processor.
- I've taken 1 boneless chicken breast, will make 7 pakoras. For making more, double or triple the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken along with above-mentioned ingredients.
- Add the gram flour and rice flour to the chicken; combine well.
- Add 1 to 2 tbsp water, just enough to bind the mixture. Combine well.
- I've used Instant Pot duo crisp & air fryer. Any kind of air fryer can be used.
- Place the air fryer basket in the stainless steel pot, place the broil tray in it & line the broil tray with parchment paper.
- Place medium-sized pakora mixture on the parchment paper, don't have to make into rolls.
- Drizzle a tsp of oil.
- Close the pot with the air fryer lid.
- Select air fry, time 20 minutes, temperature 400 F or 200 C.
- After 20 minutes of air frying, open the lid.
- Crispy chicken pakoras will be ready. Transfer to a plate.
- The outside will be crispy with a tender & juicy inside.
- Enjoy with tomato ketchup.
- Serve hot with a cup of cardamom tea.