Aromatic, flavourful & delicious mulligatawny soup cooked in the Instant Pot…
One of the popular Indian soups, loaded with flavors and you will feel the explosion of taste in your mouth. More than a soup, it’s a perfect one-pot meal. In the Instant Pot, this soup will be ready in just 15 minutes. All we have to do is dump all the ingredients into the stainless steel pot & pressure cook for 5 minutes.
In this soup, you’ll get to enjoy chicken, potato, red lentil & basmati rice seasoned with aromatic whole spices.
Incredibly delicious & can be made effortlessly.
- Ginger-garlic, chopped- 1 tbsp
- Onions, chopped small- 1
- Green chilies, halved- 2 to 3
- Potato, diced small- 1
- Chicken boneless- 2 breasts, diced small
- Red lentil, rinsed- 1 cup
- Ground cinnamon- ⅛ tsp
- Ground cloves- ⅛ tsp
- Whole green cardamom- 4
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Chicken stock- 4 cups
- Cooked basmati rice- 1½ cups
- Lemon juice- juice from ½ lemon
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- To the stainless steel pot, add all the ingredients mentioned 'for pressure cooking'. Combine well.
- Ensure to dice potato & chicken really small.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Select Pressure Cook, set time to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- After 5 minutes of pressure cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes & then do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid.
- Perfectly cooked chicken, potato & red lentil.
- Using an immersion hand blender, coarsely puree the soup. Or puree in a blender.
- Don't puree till smooth, there should be bite-size pieces of chicken & potato.
- Add cooked basmati rice, combine well to the soup.
- If you want this to be a thin soup, add more chicken stock or water to thin it down.
- Add lemon juice & cilantro, combine well.
- Serve in soup bowls & enjoy.
- This will make a perfect one-pot meal, filling & delish. Enjoy