Easy bread pudding made in the Instant Pot, pressure cooked for just 15 minutes.
Perfect for breakfast or brunch. You could use either white or whole wheat bread. I’ve added condensed milk instead of sugar, condensed milk will make the pudding rich & creamy, you can replace it with white or brown sugar.
Enjoy this easy-to-make & delicious bread pudding!
- Eggs, large- 2
- Milk- 1 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Sweetened condensed milk- 3 tbsp (or add white or brown sugar)
- Ground cinnamon- ½ to 1 tsp
- Bread slices- 6 slices, cubed (white or whole wheat bread)
- Chopped almonds or any nuts- 2 tbsp
- Raisins- 1 tbsp
- Condensed milk- 1 tbsp (optional)
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, condensed milk & ground cinnamon.
- I've used 6 slices of bread, cube the bread slices- you can use white or whole wheat bread.
- Add the cubed bread to the egg-,milk mixture, combine well.
- I've used a 6-inch diameter pan, that fits well into 6 quarts instant pot.
- Grease the pan with melted butter.
- Add the bread pudding mixture.
- Top with almonds, raisins & drizzle with 1 tbsp condensed milk.
- Cover the pan with 2 kitchen paper towels and then cover with aluminum foil. This is to prevent moisture from getting into the bread pudding while pressure cooking.
- Add 1 cup of water into the stainless steel pot.
- Place the trivet.
- Place the pan over the trivet.
- Select pressure cook setting, set the time to 15 minutes at high pressure.
- After 15 minutes of press cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick pressure release.
- Take the pan out of the stainless steel pot- wear a mitten it's very hot.
- Remove the paper towel & foil.
- Allow the bread pudding to cool down for a few minutes.
- Cut into wedges and enjoy warm or chilled.