Quinoa combined with mixed veggies and kale made in the Instant Pot, it was ready in a minute…
Yet another reason to love Instant pot, you can make perfectly cooked and fluffy quinoa in a minute. I’d been making quinoa over stove top and it takes almost 20 minutes to completely cook quinoa. If I can make something effortlessly and that too in a minute, I’m all for that.
It’s been only a few days since I’ve started cooking in Instant pot, so far it’s been an awesome experience and I love how quiet IP remains while cooking- very unlike me 😀
This is the most easiest recipe you could ever think of. Quinoa being the super food that’s rich in all awesome vitamins and minerals, you can now make it in your IP. All you have to do is throw everything into the pot, set to high pressure and timer to 1 minute, and just walk away. After you hear the beep, release the steam and open the lid; Voila you will have the perfectly cooked and fluffy quinoa ready to be served.
To know more about Instant Pot or to shop, click here
For more quinoa recipes, click here
- Quinoa- 1½ cups
- Mixed veggies- 1 cup
- Kale leaves, chopped- 3 leaves
- Dried cranberries- 1 tbsp (optional or use raisins)
- Paprika- ½ tsp
- Dried oregano- 1 tsp
- Ground cumin-1/2 tsp
- Salt- ¾ tsp
- Sesame seeds- 2 tbsp (optional)
- Water- 1½ cups
- If you prefer you can rinse quinoa in water taken in a strainer.
- To the stainless steel pot dump all the above-mentioned ingredients.
- You could add any kind of veggies and seasonings of your choice.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Ensure the pressure release valve is in sealing position if using Instant Pot Duo model.
- Click Manual, then click Pressure- choose high pressure.
- Set time to 1 minute and walk away.
- It will take a few minutes for the pressure to build, after that the timer will start.
- After 1-minute pressure cooking, you will hear the beep.
- Do a quick pressure release & open the lid.
- Perfectly cooked quinoa is ready to be served.
- I enjoy the bite of dried cranberries- has a sweet and tart taste. If you don't have dried cranberries, add raisins instead.
- Serve mixed vegetable quinoa along with grilled or baked chicken, fish or roasted veggies.