Healthy and filling breakfast…
One of my favorite weekday breakfast is made with plantains and eggs. Plantains are rich in fiber and instant energy boosters. Whenever I find plantains at the grocery store I get them. Even if it’s not ripe, buy them and keep them on the kitchen counter top. In a few days, they will ripen.
This is one of the easiest dishes you can make with plantains and is perfect for breakfast or as an evening snack.
- Ghee or Butter- 2 tbsp
- Ripe Plantain, diced- 1
- Eggs- 2
- Almonds, chopped- 6
- Agave syrup or sugar- 1 tbsp
- Use ripe plantain, dice them up.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add ghee or butter.
- Add the diced plantain, stir fry and let turn golden brown in color.
- In a bowl, beat 2 eggs using a fork.
- Add the beaten eggs to the roasted plantain.
- Scramble eggs and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped almonds and agave syrup or sugar.
- Combine well and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Serve on a plate and enjoy.