Author: Sheba Shehnaz
Recipe type: Dessert
- Pistachio- 50 gm
- Walnuts- 50 gm
- Almonds- 50 gm
- Honey- as needed
- Bread crumbs- 3 tbsp
- Butter, unsalted- as needed
- Pastry sheets- as many sheets as you want (preferably 16 sheets in total)
- Select a baking pan which is fairly rectangular in shape, or simply a tray.
- Grease the baking pan with butter, yet avoid over buttering.
- Leave the baking pan in the refrigerator before you start the preparation of the filling.
- Grate Pistachios, Walnuts and Almonds so that they make up 65% of the required filling quantity.
- For the remaining 35% of the solid content: combine bread crumbs , pistachios and Almonds and blend to a fine powder.
- In a bowl , empty the grated contents and mix with enough honey to a loose consistency then add the prepared powder until it becomes a thick paste.
- Take the baking pan from the refrigerator and spread pastry sheets (6 to 8 sheets).
- Spread the filling evenly on the sheets, preferably 4 mm thick.
- Cover the filling with pastry sheet again (6 to 8 sheets)
- Spread butter generously on the top of the pastry sheets.
- Preheat oven to 375 F or 190 C.
- Place the baking pan in a preheated oven and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes or till the top turns golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool.
- Using a Sharp knife, cut into even sized pieces.
- Sprinkle Coarsely powdered pistachios on top.
- Eat some to reward yourself before you Serve!