Two of my staple foods: pesto and couscous…
Pesto has been one of my most favorite ingredients and I dare to add it to most of the dishes I make. Pesto never fails to enhance the flavor and the taste of any dish, such a phenomenal sauce made with aromatic and healthy ingredients like basil, pine nuts and parmesan cheese. Pesto is always seen in my refrigerator and I want my pizza base spread with pesto, my pastas combined with pesto, veggies roasted with pesto, chicken rubbed with pesto, the list is endless…
The other day, I combined couscous with pesto. Just a few tablespoons of pesto and the blant couscous was instantly transformed into a delicious dish. I didn’t even add any meat to this dish, pesto made all the difference.
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Spinach, chopped- 1½ cups
- Red pepper, diced- 1
- Cherry tomatoes- 8, chopped
- Pesto- 3 tbsp
- Couscous, cooked- 2 cups
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat, add olive oil.
- Add spinach and red pepper, stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and stir fry till it's slightly mashed up.
- Add pesto and saute till aromatic for a couple of minutes.
- Add the cooked couscous, combine well and saute for a minute.
- Serve warm as a side dish or as a main dish.
Step by step pictures
To see all the 888 recipes published so far, please go to the recipe index.
Thas is the author of Cooking with Thas, a popular food blog with recipes from Indian, American and Fusion Cuisines. She has been blogging since 2009 and been featured in several magazines. Read more...
If you enjoyed this post, subscribe for cooking tips and recipes