Basil Pesto combined with ground chicken, made into patties and pan fried, the best tasting chicken patties ever…
After tasting these chicken patties, I literally cannot have any other chicken patties, basil pesto made these patties taste incredibly delicious. Making basil pesto from scratch is unbelievably easy, all you have to do is combine all the ingredients in a food processor, yes no cooking nor any preparation are involved. I’ve already shared the recipe for making basil pesto, click here to read the recipe.
Always, pesto is seen in my refrigerator and I add it to most of my dishes, and it instantly enhances the taste: making any dish more flavorful and delicious. Besides spreading pesto on pizza base or naan, my yet another favorite way of incorporating pesto is by adding it to ground chicken and are made into patties and pan fried. The aroma that spreads while pan frying the pesto chicken patties is just enchanting.
These patties can be used for making burgers or sandwiches or simply serve as it is along with your favorite salad. I assure you that you will find it hard to stop enjoying these patties and will make quite often.
I pan fried these patties, you could even bake or grill them.
- Basil Pesto- 4 tbsp
- Ground chicken- 1 lb or ½ Kg
- Ground pepper- ¼ to ½ tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Olive oil or vegetable oil- 3 to 4 tbsp
- In a bowl, combine together ground chicken, basil pesto, ground pepper and salt.
- Make into medium sized patties.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat, add 3 to 4 tbsp oil.
- Place the patties on the pan, pan fry the patties flipping over till both sides turn golden brown in color.
- These patties can be used for making burgers, sandwiches or simply serve with your favorite salad.
- You could even bake the patties: preheat oven to 375 F and bake for 25 to 30 minutes till patties have cooked well.
- Or fire up your grill and grill these patties.