Believe it or not! you can make a delicious chocolate cake in a mug in the microwave and it takes only a minute…
Good thing: You don’t have to worry about finishing an 8×8 inch cake all by yourself, each slice filled with guilt.
Bad thing: You are going to have a mug ready to make this cake almost everyday.
As much as I love baking a huge cake, that much I freak out while I add scoops of butter/cream into it and the thought of all the fat sticking onto the walls of my inner stomach is more than a nightmare. I’ve always wondered how to just make a slice of cake, which would be just good enough to succumb to my sugar cravings. Recently, while searching for such recipes I came across not one but hundreds of recipes and I felt like a fool for not having tried those all these years. Well, consoling myself by saying: “It’s better late than never”. Most of the recipes I’ve read called for egg, but I somehow wanted to skip the egg. Tried without adding the egg and it came out just perfect.
This is definitely a healthy way of eating cake, a slice of cake just for you with right amount of oil and no egg. No need to wait for an hour, in less than 3 minutes you’ll be sitting on your couch enjoying a chocolate cake from a mug. Wish I could make all my favorite dishes in such less time, I guess I am getting too greedy here. Bottom line is whether it’s 2 minutes or many hours, I just love cooking and delicious food is my weakness.
So people, have your mug ready and you have a cake!
Eggless Chocolate cake in a Mug:
Watch the Video for making this cake:
Batter mixed in the mug
- All purpose flour- 4 tbsp
- Sugar- 2 tbsp
- Cocoa powder- 1 tbsp
- Baking powder- ¼ tsp
- Milk, skim or whole- 3 tbsp
- Oil- 3 tbsp
- Vanilla extract- ¼ tsp
- Sweetened coconut flakes or your favorite nuts- ½ tbsp
- Have a large mug ready.
- Combine all the ingredients in the mug using a spoon.
- Thoroughly mix it so that the flour is well incorporated.
- Make sure the batter fills only the half of the mug as the cake will rise while cooking.
- Keep the mug with the batter in the microwave.
- Cooking time might vary depending on the microwave, I recommend cooking it first at full power for a minute and then increasing the time till a fork inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- To make it even more delicious, top with a scoop of icecream.
- Sit back and indulge in this delicious dessert that's made effortlessly. YUM!