One of the easiest Indo-Chinese chicken dishes to make. The vibrant red color of this dish is very appealing, it tastes delicious and can be made effortlessly.
My mom shared this recipe with me a few years ago. I am always in search of easy breezy recipe and so this recipe really fits my criteria. It’s easy and delicious. This dry and slightly spicy (you could alter the spice level accordingly) dish is just great for any kind of occasion. Dragon chicken could be served as a side dish or as a main dish and goes well with fried rice, plain rice, rotis and chapattis.
Here is the Video for making Dragon Chicken
- Ginger-Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Ground Pepper- ½ tsp
- Egg white- of 1 egg
- Corn starch- ¼ cup
- Soy sauce- ½ tbsp
- Chicken breast or thighs, boneless cubed – 2 breasts
- Ginger, finely chopped – ½ tbsp
- Garlic, finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Red chili flakes – 1½ tsp
- Tomato sauce – 1½ cups
- Soy sauce, low sodium – 1 tbsp
- Cilantro chopped- 1 handful
- Green onions, chopped- 1 stalk
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Marinate the cubed chicken with the above mentioned 'marination ingredients' and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Shallow fry the marinated chicken in enough oil until golden brown and crispy.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, pour 1½ tbsp of oil used for frying.
- Add the finely chopped ginger and garlic, saute till light golden.
- Add red chili flakes, saute for a few seconds.
- Add tomato sauce, combine well.
- Add soy sauce, let the sauce come to a slight boil.
- Add the fried chicken pieces, combine well.
- Let cook for some more time until everything has well incorporated.
- Garnish with spring onions and chopped cilantro.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with rice, noodles or roti.