A glass of Avocado milkshake is not enough, your taste buds will definitely beg for more…
Whenever I come across avocados in the grocery store, I ask them: Are you a fruit or a vegetable? And their answer is “I am definitely a fruit, but in some kitchen I am treated as a vegetable”. This is yet another fruit I had ignored all these years. The only dish I’ve tasted made with avocado is Guacamole, that too in restaurants. During my last grocery shopping, I invited some of these fruits to my kitchen and gave these buddies a special place in my refrigerator. Every time when I opened the refrigerator, I thought what I should make with these fruits. I was totally confused and so made them sit there for few more days.
Finally, when I felt that I am being mean to these fruits by not giving them the opportunity to be a part of my cooking, I took them out. At first, I thought I should just scoop the flesh, mash it and put some seasonings and have it as a dip. After a second thought, I felt I should put them in the blender along with milk and sugar and transform them into a milkshake. I went with my second thought.
When I had a sip of this milkshake, I felt terribly guilty for not buying these all these years. The milkshake was extremely delicious; it had a buttery and smooth finish. I didn’t think any further and gave all the avocados a milkshake makeover.
If you haven’t tried anything with avocados I would highly recommend this easy and quick milkshake, any one will fall for this the moment they take the first sip.
Not to forget the health benefits of Avocados:
- Avocado extract is good for prevention and treatment of breast cancer as well as prostate cancer.
- Avocados contain “oleic acid”, a monounsaturated fat that may help lower cholesterol.
- Just a slice of Avocado improves your body’s ability to absorb carotenoid.
- Avocados are powerhouse of vitamin E.
- Avocados are shown to maintain good cholesterol while reducing the bad cholesterol.
- Avocado is a good source of potassium, a mineral that helps regulate blood pressure.
Yield: 2 glasses
- Ripe Avocado: 1
- Milk- 2 cups
- Sugar or honey- 2 tbsp
- Scoop out the flesh and put it in the blender.
- Pour milk and put the sugar to this.
- Blend it until smooth and serve in a juice glass.
- Use ripe avocados for making the milkshake.
- How to buy ripe avocados: Avocados are relatively firm, color cannot be trusted to determine whether they are ripe or not. A ripe avocado will yield slightly to the touch when pressed, and this slight softness indicates it’s ready to eat.
- It’s usually hard to find ripe ones, get the unripe ones and place them in a paper bag or on the kitchen counter to ripen it at home.