Tired of regular patties? Make it Asian style and enjoy…
No more complaints! When the weather gets crazy in winter, I get cozy on my couch either watching movies or reading ebooks. Today, I’ve added around 50 best books of 2013 to my library, hoping to read all of them. Yup, I am on a marathon reading . While in Summer, I befriend outdoors and I go crazy embracing the nature, riding motorcycle, and will be indulged in other outdoor activities. I cannot wait for Summer! Alright, alright…No more complaints. When the weather gives you snow, go snow sledding. Now, that’s fun!
So, as I get cozy on my couch, I get lazy to cook also. That’s when I explore all the quick fix meals and make ahead meals. Soups are one of my favorite dishes to make during winter, throw all the ingredients into a pot and walk away. It cannot get anymore easier.
Last weekend, I made these Asian style chicken patties and I topped my salad with these juicy and flavorful patties. I loved the taste of these patties, quite different from the usual patties. I added Asian ingredients and hence the name. If you are tired of regular patties, make these and feel good about it.
- Ground chicken- 1 lb
- Green onions, minced- 1 stalk
- Hoisin sauce- 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce- 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds- 1 tbsp
- Chili paste or Sambal oelek- 1 tsp
- Sesame oil- 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil- 2 to 3 tbsp to pan fry
- In a bowl, combine ground chicken along with green onions, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame seeds and chili paste.
- Make patties out of the prepared mixture.
- Place a non-stick pan over medium heat, add sesame oil and vegetable oil.
- Place the patties onto the pan and pan fry till both sides have cooked well.
- You could even grill the patties.
- These patties can be used in burgers, sandwiches, top the salad or enjoy just the patties