Zucchini harvested from my garden turned into Zoodles…
I had the joy of harvesting Zucchini from my veggie patch. One of the zucchinis I turned into Zucchini bread and the other one got a zoodles makeover. Zoodles is basically zucchini noodles, made using the spiralizer. I also harvested basil leaves from my herb garden. Hence, I made the Marinara sauce or tomato-basil sauce and combined the zucchini noodles with the sauce. It’s an Italian style veggie dish. It was very comforting and delicious.
Marinara sauce is an Italian sauce made with tomatoes, garlic, onions, and herbs.
Check out the video of me harvesting the Zucchini.
- Zucchini noodles- from 2 medium-sized zucchinis
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Onion, chopped- 1
- Garlic, chopped- 3 cloves
- Dried red chili flakes- ½ tsp
- Tomatoes, chopped- 3 fresh tomatoes or 2 cups of canned tomatoes
- Tomato paste- 2 tbsp (optional)
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped- ½ cup
- Ground black pepper- ¼ tsp
- Salt- 1½ tsp
- Parmesan cheese, grated- ½ cup
- Using a spiralizer, turn zucchini into zucchini noodles. I've used 2 medium sized zucchinis. No need to peel off the skin.
- Place a wide saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil.
- To the oil add chopped onion, season with ½ tsp salt and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic and dried red chilies, saute till onions turn light golden.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, cook covered for 3 minutes.
- Add basil leaves, ground black pepper & 1 tsp salt; cook covered for a few minutes till the gravy thickens.
- Add the zucchini noodles, cook for 3 minutes. Do not over cook the zucchini as it will turn mushy, let it be cris tastes better.
- Finally, add parmesan cheese, combine well,
- Serve on a plate, sprinkle some parmesan cheese and garnish with basil leaves.