Sweet corn and beaten eggs together in a soup, light and warm soup for winter…
When it’s freezing cold outside, you gotta sip a warm soup. One of my favorite soups is sweet corn chicken soup, this is a popular soup in Indo-Chinese cuisine.
I’ve made this soup with chicken and shrimp as well. This time, I made the soup with just sweet corn and eggs. Light and delicious soup that will comfort you on a freezing cold day or any day.
Cooking Video for Sweet Corn Chicken soup:
- Chicken stock or Vegetable stock, homemade or store brought- 4½ cups (or add 2 chicken bouillon cube to 4½ cups water)
- Cream style sweet corn, canned- 1 can (400 ml)
- Eggs, beaten-2
- Soy sauce- 2 tbsp
- Rice Vinegar- 1½ tbsp (optional)
- Ground pepper- ½ to ¾ tsp
- Green onions, chopped- 2 stalks
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 handfuls
- Corn Starch, dissolved in water- 3 tbsp dissolved in 3 tbsp cold water
- Sesame oil- 1 tsp
- Either use chicken stock or vegetable stock or add 2 chicken bouillon cubes to 4½ cups water.
- Heat up the stock taken in a large pot.
- Add cream style sweet corn (or coarsely grind the corn kernels in a blender) into the stock, let cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and rice vinegar, combine well.
- Beat the eggs well in a bowl.
- Let the soup come to a rolling boil. Slowly pour the beaten eggs and keep stirring- pouring and stirring should happen simultaneously, otherwise egg will turn into lumps. Keep stirring till beautiful threads are formed.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add green onions and cilantro, combine well.
- Add ground pepper and salt-if required.
- Add corn starch dissolved in cold water, keep stirring till soup has thickened.
- Finally, add 1 tsp sesame oil, combine well.
- Remove the pot from the heat, serve on soup bowls and enjoy the warm soup.
- You could sprinkle some ground pepper while serving.