Leftover Naan turned into a delicious naan chicken stir fry…
Kothu parotta is a popular dish in South India, it’s basically chopped parottas stir-fried with chicken or veggies.
If you have leftover parottas/parathas, chapatis, naans or even pita bread, you can turn them into kothu parotta style or stir fry with chicken, it’s delish & a perfect one-pot meal.
Naan Chicken Stir Fry - Naan Kothu Paratha - Leftover Makeover
Recipe type: Main
For marinating chicken
- Boneless chicken breasts or thighs, diced small- 1 breast or thighs
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ⅛ tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
For making stir fry
- Naan or chapati or parotta, cut into small pieces- 2 naans
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Onion, chopped- 1
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Green pepper, chopped- 1
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Tomato paste- 2 tbsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Water- ¼ cup
- Lemon juice- ½ tbsp
- Green onions, chopped- 2 tbsp
- Cilantro, chopped- 3 tbsp
- In a bowl, combine chicken with all the above-mentioned ingredients for marinating chicken.
- Add the chicken to a saucepan, place the pan over medium heat & cook covered till the chicken has cooked well.
- Let all the liquid dry off & stir fry the chicken till golden brown in color. Keep aside the chicken.
- I've taken 3 naans. Instead of naan- chapati, parotta/parathas or pita bread can be used.
- Cut the naans into small pieces.
- Place a large cast iron pan or a wok over medium heat, add oil.
- Add onion, season with ½ tsp salt.
- Saute for a few minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, cook till onions turn golden on color.
- Add chopped green pepper, cook for a few minutes till green pepper turns soft.
- Add the cooked chicken, if you prefer you can also shred the chicken & combine well.
- Add garam masala & coriander powder, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped naans, stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add water & stir fry, by adding water naan will turn soft else will be too dry.
- Add lemon juice & stir fry.
- Finally, add green onions & chopped cilantro, stir fry for a minute.
- Enjoy with raita.
Instead of chicken, cooked shredded beef or mixed veggies along with eggs can be added.