Instant guilt free relief to cake cravings…
Remember my 1 minute microwaved chocolate cake in a mug??? It’s a winner! I’ve received so many good feedbacks from my readers and my Man has been a great fan of that recipe. He loves the fact that it’s made in a mug and can be made effortlessly. Whenever he gets the craving for cake and want to enjoy without any guilt he makes that. In fact, today he had a stressful day at work and he ended up making the cake twice. It was a stress reliever for him. Thank God, it’s made in a mug not in a huge cake pan.
I like chocolate cake but not a huge fan. So, I wanted a cake that’s made without adding cocoa powder and I found that adding semolina gave a nice texture and taste to the cake. I experimented making semolina cake in the mug quite a few times and finally tweaked the recipe to my likings. I wanted to add less oil to my cake so this version calls for only 1 1/2 tbsps of oil. When my Man enjoys chocolate cake, I enjoy this semolina cake from the mug made in the microwave.
Chocolate Semolina cake
- Semolina- 3 tbsp
- All purpose flour- 3 tbsp ( for chocolate version: add 2 tbsp flour and 1 tbsp cocoa powder)
- Baking powder- ¼ tsp
- Sugar- 1½ tbsp
- Milk- 4 tbsp
- Oil- 1½ tbsp
- Crushed Walnuts or any nuts- ½ tbsp
- Vanilla extract- ¼ tsp
- In a large mug, combine all the above mentioned ingredients till smooth.
- It's very important that you combine the ingredients really well without any lumps.
- Place the mug in the microwave and microwave at high power for 1 minute.
- The time might vary depending on the type of microwave power settings, if the center hasn't cooked well after a minute cook for a few more seconds.
- Let cool down a bit and enjoy.
- If you want you could drizzle honey or maple syrup over the cake for extra sweetness.
- Chocolate cake in a Mug recipe click here