Homemade Mango ice cream turned into a delicious Falooda…
This dessert is a mango lover’s delight- layered with basil seeds, vermicelli, crushed biscuits, mango pulp, mango ice cream & garnished with roof afza, nuts & diced mangoes. Truly divine indulgence.
How to make 3 ingredient Mango Ice cream
- Basil seeds- 3 tbsp, soaked in ½ cup water
- Vermicelli- ½ cup, cooked in water
- Crushed digestive biscuits- 4 biscuits/glass (or use graham cracker crumbs)
- Mango pulp- ¼ cup/glass (optional)
- Milk- ½ cup/glass
- Mango Ice cream- 2 scoops/glass
- Diced mangoes- 3 tbsp/glass
- Rooh Afza- 1 tbsp/glass
- Dates, chopped- 1 tbsp/glass
- Chopped nuts- 1 tbsp/glass
- Pomegranate seeds- ½ tbsp/glass (optional)
- Soak basil seeds in water for 10 minutes till it has plumped up.
- Or use chia seeds, chia seeds have to be soaked overnight.
- In a saucepan, cook ½ cup split vermicelli in 1½ cups water for a few minutes till it turns soft. Drain the water and let cool down. Keep aside.
- I've added homemade mango ice cream, made with just 3 ingredients (mango pulp- 3¾ cups, condensed milk 1½ cups & whipped cream 1 cup- combine well in a large bowl & freeze for 2 hours, take the bowl out of the freezer combine well & freeze for 5 hours or overnight till the ice cream has set well).
- I've also added crushed digestive biscuits, this is optional. You can also add graham cracker crumbs.
- In a tall glass: add 1 tbsp soaked basil or chia seeds, 1 tbsp cooked vermicelli, 2 crushed digestive biscuits, 2 tbsp diced mangoes, ¼ cup mango pulp (this is optional), ½ cup milk, 1 tbsp soaked basil seeds, 1 tbsp cooked vermicelli, 2 crushed digestive biscuits, top with 1 or 2 scoops of mango ice cream.
- Garnish with 1 tbsp diced mangoes, chopped dates, chopped nuts, pomegranate seeds & drizzle with rooh afza.
- Enjoy this decadent dessert, YUM!