Low carb, healthy & delicious Asian-style cauliflower rice with air-fried salmon…
If you are following a low-carb diet or trying to reduce the intake of carbs, here is a healthy recipe that you should try, tastes delicious. Grated cauliflower stir-fried with Asian sauces and served with air-fried salmon.
Low Carb Healthy Recipe | Asian Style Cauliflower Rice With Air Fried Salmon
Recipe type: Main
Asian style cauli rice
- Sesame oil- 1 tbsp
- Ginger- Garlic, minced- ½ tbsp
- Green onions, chopped- 2 tbsp
- Onion, chopped- 1
- Carrot, shredded- 1
- Green pepper, chopped- 1
- Cauliflower, grated- 1, medium-sized
- Water- ¼ cup
- Soy sauce- 2 tbsp
- Hoisin sauce- 1 tbsp
- Chili sauce- 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds- ½ tbsp
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Sesame oil- 1 tsp
For marinating salmon
- Salmon steaks- 2
- Chili powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ⅛ tsp
- Cumin powder- ½ tsp
- Paprika- ½ tsp
- Salt- ¾ tsp
- Lime or lemon juice- ½ tbsp
Making Cauli rice
- I've taken medium-sized cauliflower. Separate the florets & soak in warm water for 15 minutes, that way any tiny bugs will be released into the water.
- Grate the florets in a food processor, keep aside.
- Place a wok over medium heat.
- Add sesame oil, ginger-garlic; saute till light golden.
- Add green onions, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add onions, saute till translucent.
- Add shredded carrots, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add green pepper, stir fry.
- Add the grated cauliflower, stir fry.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- If it's turning dry, add water & stir fry till cauliflower turns soft.
- Increase the heat to high, stir fry till cauliflower turns light golden brown.
- Add the sauces, stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add sesame seeds, cilantro & lemon juice, stir fry for a minute.
- Finally, add sesame oil. Give everything a fabulous mix.
- Remove the wok from the heat, keep it covered.
Making Air fried salmon
- I've taken 2 salmon steaks, any kind of fish can be used.
- Add all the spices mentioned 'for marinating salmon' along with lemon juice, spread over the salmon.
- Let marinate for 15 to 30 minutes.
- I've used Instant Pot duo crisp & air fryer. Any air fryer can be used.
- Place the air fryer basket into the stainless steel pot.
- Place the broil tray into the air fryer basket.
- Grease the broil tray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the marinated salmon on the broil tray.
- Close the pot with the air fryer lid.
- Select air fry setting, set the time to 15 minutes at 400 F temperature.
- After 15 minutes of air frying, open the lid.
- Gently, take the salmon out of the broil tray.
- On a plate, serve Asian style cauli rice & top with air fried salmon. Enjoy.