Refreshing to the core…
Ditch the canned and bottled juices and have freshly squeezed fruit juices, you can mix and match ; it will refresh you, quench your thirst and is healthy.
This mocktail is one of my favorites- the ingredients are always available in my refrigerator. Freshly squeezed lime juice, orange juice, grated ginger and mint leaves- this combo to me is a match made in paradise. Perfect Summer drink. I’ve also added soaked basil seeds or sabja or tukmaria, these are an excellent coolant and has remarkable health benefits too.
- Fresh lime juice- juice from ½ lime
- Fresh Orange Juice- juice from 1 orange
- Grated ginger- ½ inch slice
- Mint leaves, chopped- 4
- Sugar- 1 tbsp or as required
- Water- 1 cup
- Basil seeds, soaked- ½ tbsp
- Firstly, soak ½ tbsp basil seeds in water for 10 minutes- it will plump up after 10 mins.
- I used a shaker to mix everything. You could just mix in a bowl.
- Into a shaker, add lime juice, orange juice, grated ginger, mint leaves, sugar and water. Shake shake shake.
- Pour into a glass. If you need more sugar add according to your needs.
- If mixing the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and strain the juice into a glass.
- Add soaked and plumped up basil seeds.
- Place a lime wedge and mint leaf on the rim of the glass.
- Enjoy this refreshing drink.
- You could even add soda or ginger ale or sprite as well.