Kerala style Thoran or mixed veggies stir-fried with coconut made in the Instant Pot…
Instant Pot Thoran- Mixed Veggie Stir fry with Coconut- Instant Pot Kerala Sadya Recipes
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 People
- Coconut Oil- 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Chana dal- ½ tbsp
- Urad dal- ½ tbsp
- Whole dried red chilies- 2
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Carrot, chopped small- 1
- Green beans, cut small- 10 beans
- Cluster beans, cut small- 10
- Salt- 1½ tsp
- Chili powder- ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Grated coconut- 1 cup
- Turn on Instant Pot.
- Select the Saute setting, at normal temperature.
- Let the display show hot sign.
- Add oil, let turn hot.
- Add mustard seeds, let splutter.
- Add chana dal & urad dal, saute till they turn golden brown. Do not burn the dals.
- Add dried whole red chilies & curry leaves, saute for a few seconds.
- Add the veggies and salt; combine well.
- Add 1 cup water.
- Cover the pot with a glass lid and cook for 10 minutes till veggies have turned soft.
- If the water dries off, add ¼ to ½ more water and cook veggies.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder and grated coconut.
- Saute for 5 minutes till coconut turns golden in color.
- This is a dry dish.
- Remove the pot from the main pot and keep covered.
- Serve along with rice.