One of my favourite Thai dishes is Thai red curry chicken, it was made effortlessly in the Instant Pot…
I don’t make my own Thai red curry paste- it’s on my to-do list. I always buy Thai Kitchen brand Thai red curry paste – it’s the best I’ve tried so far (not promoting the product, it’s my personal favorite).
This is one of the dishes I make quite often and is served with basmati or brown rice. In this recipe, I’ve also added Kaffir lime leaves- a couple of these dried leaves will instantly enhance the flavour of this dish. I’m truly obsessed with kaffir lime leaves and I tend to add to most Thai dishes- and I’ll be seen inhaling the amazing aroma…
This is an easy breezy recipe, I want the chicken to be flavourful so marinated the chicken with Thai red curry paste and added to the onion, pressure cooked for 5 mins with QPR. After that, added diced red pepper and coconut milk. Red pepper shouldn’t be over cooked, it should remain crispy. Coconut milk makes this dish rich and creamy.
A flavourful dish that can be served with rice, on a snowy winter day I love to have a bowl of Thai red curry chicken with rice. It’s comforting!
- Chicken breast or thighs, diced- 2 breasts
- Thai red curry paste- 2 tbsp
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Yellow Onion, chopped- 1
- Kaffir lime leaves- 2
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Potatoes, cubed- 2
- Thai red curry paste- 1 tbsp
- Red pepper, diced- 1
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Green onions, chopped- 2 stalks
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 handfuls
- Salt- ½ tsp
- In a bowl, combine chicken and 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste, keep aside.
- Turn on the Instant pot, select saute mode at normal temperature.
- Let hot sign show on the display.
- Add oil followed by onion, season with salt. Saute for a minute.
- Add kaffir lime leaves. If you don't have this you can skip adding.
- Add potatoes and Thai red curry paste, combine well.
- Add the marinated chicken. Combine well.
- Close the pot with its lid.
- Cancel saute mode and turn on pressure mode- high pressure.
- Set the time to 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes pressure cooking, do a natural pressure release.
- Open the lid and give everything a good mix.
- Select Saute mode at normal temperature.
- Add red pepper and coconut milk. Combine well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Taste and add ½ tsp more salt.
- Add green onions and cilantro, combine well and cook for a minute.
- Turn off IP.
- Remove the stainless steel pot from the main pot and keep covered.
- Serve along with basmati, jasmine or brown rice.