Instant Pot PIP cooking, making 2 healthy dishes with the same cooking time simultaneously. This time, I made swiss chard mung bean and brown rice together. Mung bean and brown rice have the same cooking time- 20 minutes of pressure cooking.
It turned out well and my lunch was done effortlessly.
Instant Pot PIP- Swiss Chard Mung Bean and Brown Rice
Recipe type: Main
For making Swiss Chard Mung bean
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- ½ tsp
- Whole dried red chilies- 2
- Onion, chopped- 1
- Tomato, chopped- 1
- Swiss Chard, chopped- 2 cups
- Mung bean or Moong bean- 1½ cups
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala- ¾ tsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Water- 2½ cups
Making Brown Rice
- Brown Rice- 2 cups, rinsed
- Water- 2¼ cups
- Salt- ½ tsp
- I used 7 in 1 DUO 6 Quart Instant Pot.
- Turn on the Instant Pot.
- Click on Saute. Let the display turn Hot.
- Add 1 tbsp oil.
- Add cumin seeds, saute for a few seconds.
- Add whole red dry chilies, saute for a few seconds.
- Add onion, season with salt.
- Saute till translucent.
- Add tomato, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add swiss chard, combine well.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt. Combine well.
- Add water, combine well.
- Place a trivet on the pot.
- Into a heat resistant glass or stainless steel bowl, add rinsed brown rice.
- Add water and salt, combine well.
- Place the bowl on the trivet.
- Close the pot with its lid.
- Cancel Saute mode.
- Turn vent to Sealing on the lid.
- Click on Manual- High pressure. Click on Adjust, Click on + and set the timer to 20 minutes.
- After the pressure cooking has completed for 20 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, after that do a quick pressure release by turning the knob to venting.
- Open the lid.
- Remove the bowl with the cooked brown rice from the pot and take off the trivet.
- Give the swiss chard mung bean a good mix. Add chopped cilantro, combine well.
- Taste and add more salt if required.
- Enjoy this protein rich swiss chard mung bean and healthy brown rice for lunch or dinner.