Healthy Soup that will help to boost Immunity, made in the Instant Pot…
It’s very essential to build our immunity, this can be done by adding immunity-boosting ingredients to our dishes. Some of the immunity boosters are garlic, ginger, spinach, black peppercorns, green leafy vegetables, etc. In this soup, I’ve added lots of ginger, garlic, lemongrass, lime leaves, turmeric, and spinach. A perfect healthy soup that will make you feel better.
Instant Pot Healthy Spinach & Red Lentil Soup- Immunity Boosting Soup
Recipe type: Soup
- Coconut oil or ghee- 1 tbsp
- Garlic, chopped- 4 cloves
- Ginger, chopped- 3 inch slice or 3 tbsp
- Lemon grass, chopped- 1 tbsp, white part (optional)
- Cumin seeds, crushed- 1 tsp
- Freshly ground black pepper- ½ tsp
- Onion, chopped- 1
- Kaffir Lime leaves- 2 (optional)
- Tomato, chopped- 1, large size
- Spinach leaves- 3 cups
- Red lentil- 1 cup
- Chili powder- ½ to 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Garam Masala- ½ tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Water- 2½ cups
- Green onions, chopped- 2 tbsp
- Cilantrol chopped- ¼ cup
- Turn on the Instant Pot.
- Select Saute setting at Normal temperature. Let display show hot sign.
- Add coconut oil or ghee.
- Add garlic, ginger, lemon grass, cumin seeds crushed, ground balck pepper; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add onion, lime leaves, tomato, spinach, red lentil, chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt.
- Combine well.
- Add water.
- Add chopped green onions and cilantro.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Cancel saute. Select Pressure cook setting. Set time to 3 minutes at high pressure.
- After 3 minutes pressure cooking, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid.
- Give the soup a good mix.
- Serve into soup bowls and enjoy while its warm along with crackers, toast etc.
- This can also be served along with rice, chapati etc.