Healthy, nutritious & protein-packed moong dal curry cooked in the Instant Pot…
Moong dal or Mung bean is a protein-packed lentil and is very filling. In the Instant Pot, we can make a delicious moong dal curry effortlessly. All we have to do is dump all the ingredients into the stainless steel pot and pressure cook for 25 minutes. Moong dal is a hard lentil so have to pressure cook for 25 minutes till they turn soft. Can be enjoyed as a soup or serve along with rice, rotis, or chapatis.
- Onion, chopped- 1
- Garlic, chopped- 1 tbsp
- Ginger, chopped- 1 tbsp
- Tomatoes, chopped- 2
- Moong dal or Mung bean- 1 cup, rinsed
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- 2 tsp
- Water- 3 cups
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Rinse the moong dal taken in a strainer under running water. Don't have to soak the dal.
- Into the stainless steel pot, dump all the ingredients except chopped cilantro.
- Close with the pot.
- Select pressure cook setting.
- Set the time to 25 minutes at high pressure.
- After 25 minutes of pressure cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, after that do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, combine well.
- Add chopped cilantro. Combine well.
- Have a taste & if required add more salt.
- Serve into bowls, enjoy as it is, or serve along with roti, chapati, or with white/brown rice.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator. The curry will thicken, add some water, and heat it up before serving.