Easy Spinach chicken made in the Instant Pot…
Healthy and delicious spinach chicken is ready in the Instant pot in no time. Green chicken or spinach chicken- packed with nutrients and can be made effortlessly.
Firstly, season the cubed chicken breast with aromatic Indian spices and let marinate for a few minutes. Puree the fresh spinach leaves and keep it aside. Cook onions and tomatoes in the Instant Pot; add the pureed spinach, marinated chicken and pressure cook for 5 minutes followed by quick pressure release.
It’s healthy, it’s delicious and it’s made effortlessly. Serve along with basmati rice, brown rice, pasta, noodles, roti, chapati, etc.
Buy Instant Pot: https://amzn.to/2oK2KHL
Recipe for making homemade Garam Masala, click here
Instant Pot Easy Spinach Chicken Or Green Chicken Recipe
Recipe type: Main
- Fresh Spinach leaves- 2 cups
- Water- 1 cup
To Marinate Chicken
- Chicken breast, cubed- 2 breasts
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder- ½ tsp
- Garam Masala- 1 tsp (check my recipe for making homemade garam masala)
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Ghee or Oil- 1 tsp
- Onions, chopped- 2
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Garlic, grated- 1 clove
- Ginger, grated- 1 inch slice
- Green chilies, chopped- 2
- Tomato, chopped- 1
- Cilantro chopped- ¼ cup
- In a blender, puree the spinach with water to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients to marinate chicken; combine well and keep aside.
- Turn on the Instant Pot.
- Select Saute Mode, Medium Temperature. I used Instant Pot Ultra Model.
- Let Hot sign display on the screen.
- Add ghee or oil.
- Add onions, season with salt; cook for a minute.
- Add grated garlic, ginger and green chilies.
- Add tomato chopped, cook for a minute.
- Add pureed spinach and marinated chicken. Combine well.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Cancel Saute mode.
- Select Pressure cook Mode. Set time to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- After 5 minutes of pressure cooking, do a quick pressure release by clicking on the pressure release knob on the lid.
- Open the lid.
- Add cilantro, combine well.
- if you want to thicken the gravy, cook in saute mode for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve into a bowl and enjoy with rice, pasta, noodles, etc.